Our Commitment To Privacy
1. Information We Collect. DMC collects the following types of information from users of the Site:
a. Personal Information: “Personal Information” is any information that could be used to identify a specific person. DMC may receive and store Personal Information provided on or through the Site, such as when a user registers to become a DMC member, downloads one of our publications, applies for a job via email or participates in user posting areas, such as bulletin boards, discussion forums and surveys. Personal Information may include name, mailing address, e-mail address, job title, school/school district affiliation, telephone number and any information on a resume submitted to DMC via email.
b. Non-Personal Information. DMC collects certain information that users do not visibly enter, such as IP address, browser, browsing pattern on the Site and click stream (“Non-Personal Information”). Non-Personal Information allows DMC to enhance your experience and better support your needs but it is not stored in a manner that is personally identifiable with you.
Non-Personal Information is collected primarily through the use of “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small file or tool stored on your hard drive containing information that allows us to deliver customized information to you. You may set your browser to notify you of or decline the receipt of cookies but, if your browser is configured to disable cookies, certain features of the Site may not function properly or be available to you.
2. How We Use Information. We use your Personal Information to fulfill your requests for information, to evaluate any job applications or other employment-related inquiries that you submit and/or for such other business purposes as you may request.
We may use non-identifying and aggregate information to perform statistical analyses to improve the design of our website and provide a better user experience.
DMC may use the Personal Information that you provide when registering to become a Registered User and when using areas of the Site that are accessible only to Registered Users (“Registered User Areas”)to send you information about Registered User benefits, features included in the Registered User Areas and other information that DMC believes is relevant and useful to its Registered Users. DMC also may use your Personal Information to send you periodic emails and newsletters with information about DMC’s products and services, updates to the Site or upcoming events. DMC does notsell mailing lists (names and mailing addresses) and e-mail addresses of Registered Users to third parties
We never use or share your Personal Information other than as described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
3. Disclosure of Information that We Collect. We will not disclose, share, sell or trade your Personal Information to or with any third party other than as follows:
a. Fulfillment: We may disclose any information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, to third parties that perform services for us, such as payment and credit card processors and fulfillment companies and/or any of their authorized agents to ensure that they can process your payment and deliver the products that you ordered to the address that you provided and process your requests to participate in conferences and events. Those third parties are not authorized to use or disclose Personal Information that you provide to us on or through this Site for any purpose other than to perform the services designated by us. Information that you provide directly to these third parties is governed by their respective information privacy policies and not ours.]
c. Sale or Transfer of Information: In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of DMC or the Site, Personal Information and/or other information collected about you from the Site may be sold, assigned or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of DMC or the Site in order to permit the party to continue the operation of the Site. By using the Site and submitting your information to us, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
Except as described above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties unless you consent.
4. Our Commitment to Data Security. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures and accepted technology standards that are intended to safeguard and secure the information collected on or through the Site. Only authorized personnel are provided access to Personal Information and these personnel are required to treat this information as confidential.
5. How You Can Access or Correct Your Information. DMC respects the privacy of your Personal Information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes. You also may choose not to provide us with certain information but you may then be unable to use certain features of the Site.
You can access and modify all your Personal Information by clicking your log-in name at the top of any page when you are logged in. You also may unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails.
To protect your privacy and security, we also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
6. Our Commitment to Children's Privacy. Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to DMC. The Site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children who are age 13 years or younger and we will not intentionally collect or maintain information about any user under age 13. We require that only adults use our Site. By using the Site, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of majority or older in your place of residence.
7. Third Party Links. The Site may include links to third-party websites. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of other websites even if a link appears to a third party website from the Site. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these websites before providing any information to or through them.
9. Other Information